Skip to main content

Quotes from the movie 'Interstellar' - to ponder

We’ve always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we’ve just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we’ve barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”
- Cooper
===================


 “Maybe we’ve spent too long trying to figure all this out with theory. Love is the one thing that transcends time and space.”
- Amelia Brand
====================

“Murphy’s law doesn’t mean that something bad will happen. It means that whatever can happen, will happen.”
- Cooper

=================

Cooper: You’re a scientist, Brand.

Brand: So listen to me when I say love isn’t something that we invented. It’s observable. Powerful. It has to mean something.

Cooper: Love has meaning, yes. Social utility, social bonding, child rearing.

Brand: You love people who died. Where’s the social utility in that?

Cooper: None.

Brand: Maybe it means something more — something we can’t yet understand. Maybe it’s some evidence, some artifact of a higher dimension that we can’t consciously perceive. I’m drawn across the universe to someone I haven’t seen in a decade who I know is probably dead. Love is the one thing that we’re capable of perceiving that transcends dimensions of time and space. Maybe we should trust that, even if we can’t understand it. All right Cooper. Yes, the tiniest possibility of seeing Wolf again excites me. That doesn’t mean I’m wrong.

Cooper: Honestly, Amelia, it might.

=================

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I a Brook?

"I come from haunts of coot and hern, I make a sudden sally And sparkle out among the fern, To bicker down a valley. ..... I murmur under moon and stars In brambly wildernesses; I linger by my shingly bars; I loiter round my cresses; And out again I curve and flow To join the brimming river, For men may come and men may go, But I go on for ever." - Alfred Lord Tennyson - The Brook So true. In my pursuit to survive, to excel, to live, to progress - so many have come, so many have gone but few things keep me going. They are Lumen Caritas Logos I will keep searching to unravel the mystery that made me - I hope oneday, I will endup unraveling the mysterious one.

Starting Over

Bad time….still you can ‘start over’…This message was a real blessing to me and those of you who are caught up with the recession and the other worries…………   Starting Over The brother in humble circumstances ought to take pride in his high position. - James 1:9 Do you find yourself in humble circumstances? If so, James tells us that we are to take pride in this "high" position. These two things would seem to be an oxymoron. Most of us would not consider humble circumstances a high position. Successful business tells us that being on top means being wealthy, attaining favor and status, or having power to influence. However, Jesus influenced not from power, but from weakness. J.C. Penney is a name synonymous with department store. He first launched his chain of "The Golden Rule" stores in 1907. In 1910 his first wife died. Three years later, he incorporated as the J.C. Penney company. In 1923 his second wife died giving birth to his son. In 1929 the sto